Boy rescued from Rockville fire, in critical condition


A 10-year-old boy was rescued from a fire in Rockville on Monday morning, but has sustained critical, life-threatening injuries. The fire occurred at his house, and is believed to have originated around the clothes dryer. It took 45 firefighters to control the blaze, and the boy was unconscious when he was recovered from the house.

According to the Montgomery County Assistant Fire Chief, the department receives 100-200 calls per year regarding fires started due to a dryer, and that routine cleaning of the lint in a dryer vent can prevent fires starting.


About Author


News Assistant/Writer

Comments are closed.

Social Widgets powered by