November 1, 2019
Photo: Courtesy of Kotivalo/Wiki Commons
Gillette is a city in Wyoming and the county seat of Campbell. The population of the city is estimated to be more than 31,000. Its central location and abundant resources of coal, methane gas, and oil make Gillette, one of the most significant contributors to the state’s economy.
There are plenty of car dealerships in the city where you can buy brand-new cars. Almost all households here own a car or two, even if Gillette has a modern public transport system.
However, if you do not have the budget to buy a brand-new car, you can always opt for used cars Gillette Wyoming.
What are the advantages of buying a second-hand car?
- The insurance premium is lower.
- If you are taking out a loan, the payment period is more economical, and the cost is lower.
- You can also save money and buy the car in cash.
- You can get great discounts.
- You can customize your vehicle without being concerned about losing the warranty.
- You do not absorb the cost of depreciation of the car.
The value of your new car goes down by 11% from the time you leave the dealership. By the end of the first year, your new vehicle devalues by as much as 20%. When you buy used cars in Gillette, Wyoming, you are not worried about the depreciation.
So, if you are buying your first second-hand car, take note of the following tips:
- Stick to your budget — The reason you are buying a used car in the first place is your meager budget. Set a budget and find a car within that range, not the other way around. It does not make sense for you to take out a huge loan to buy a used car. Remember, you also have to pay for insurance, registration, and other fees.
- Have a mechanic check the car — If you have a friend who knows their way around cars, it is time to call in a favor. However, it is an excellent rule to hire a mechanic from your local garage shop to help you inspect the vehicle inside out. Although used car dealerships also comply with the regulations of the state, you could not dismiss the possibility of unscrupulous dealers trying to pull a fast one.
- Test drive the car — Bring your mechanic along if you do not know anything about cars. Your mechanic will suggest ways on how to conduct a stress test on the vehicle to determine its roadworthiness. You can also print a checklist if you cannot find a mechanic.
- Certified pre-owned vehicles — If you cannot find a mechanic, consider the next best alternative, instead. Certified pre-owned vehicles have low mileage on them, and the mechanics of the dealership routinely check them. The best part is that you get an extended warranty when you buy certified pre-owned vehicles.
- Do not get swayed by the price — The price of the used car might be cheaper, but you also have to consider the brand. Some brands cost more in upkeep and maintenance, and the cost will quickly add up, especially since you must do them regularly.
Unlike the old days, buying used cars today makes more economic sense because newer models do not break down as much. So, you get the most value of your money before you sell the car down the road.