Fairfax County invites comments and advice on transportation projects


Fairfax County will be holding a public meeting on September 17 to solicit comments on the proposed 2016 Transportation Alternative Program projects. The county will submit their plans for funding from the Virginia Department of Transportation, which is offering a program that covers 80% of the funding for eligible projects provided that the local government already has the other 20%. Eligible projects include the construction of infrastructure improvements, trails, signals and signs, lights, turnouts, and overlooks, as well as the management of outdoor advertising, historic transportation facilities, and vegetation. The program also covers some anti-pollution initiatives.


About Author


Comments are closed.

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.