A natural gas leak may have been the cause for an explosion early Wednesday in Seattle ‘s Greenwood neighborhood. The explosion devastated one building and damaged many others, sending nine firefighters to the hospital. “We know, as firefighters, that this is a very dangerous job, and these things can happen from time to time,” Fire Chief Harold Scoggins said. “…They did all the things they needed to do to take care of business.” First set of fire fighters received a call shortly after 1 a.m. regarding a gas leak in Greenwood. The explosion happened at 1:45 a.m.